Friday, November 24, 2006

 

Postgame: Anaheim 4 - Devils 2

NHL.com has your official scoresheet and super stats right here. I'm not particularly pleased with the Devils as of late. The Phoenix game, in all standards, was terrible. Fortunately, Claude Julien decided to mix things up by switching Zach Parise and Patrik Elias on both lines. Yes, the PZL line was successful as of late, but even that line didn't put too many shots on goal and they were most definitely absent in the Phoenix game. So at least they were trying. However, I'd like to point out the following:
To be fair, it wasn't as bad as the Phoenix game. The Devils did do the following better in comparison to Wednesday's game:
Regardless, this is another loss for NJ as they are now embroiled in a three-way tie for first in the Atlantic Division with the Rangers and the Islanders. Brodeur may have let up some easy ones, but he definitely worked his tail off and almost single-handedly killed the 5-on-3 with some fantastic saves. I think he needs a rest, but I'm not Marty so I don't really know how he feels. I don't know who fills in for Janssen tomorrow. I don't know what NJ will do to improve their offense and defense in time for tomorrow night's game against the Sharks in San Jose. That will be up to Claude Julien (and I don't envy him right now).

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Blog Directory - Blogged