Sunday, December 17, 2006

 

Game: Devils @ NY Rangers, Pt. 3 of 8

The New Jersey Devils go to the Madison Square Garden to take on the New York Rangers for the third time this season.

GAMETIME: 7:00 PM, EST
Local TV: Fox Sports NY
Local Radio, 92.3 FREE-FM
Devils record against Rangers this season: 0-2-0
NHL.com Preview

I could go into length about tonight's game. I could talk about how the Devils are on a three game losing streak, losing to Detroit 2-1 yesterday afternoon. I could talk about how the Rangers had a winning streak of 5 games come to a glorious end in Toronto last night by a score of 9 to 2.

I could talk about a lot of things about tonight's game. About how the defense - especially Paul Martin - needs to step it up. How the Devils' offense needs to be more aggressive and make simpler plays in moving the puck as opposed to throwing the puck into the slot hoping to reach a teammate. How Devils' head coach, Claude Julien, needs to do a better job motivating the team to play a full 60 or at least to not take over 5 penalties in a game. I could even talk about whether the line combinations should change (I don't think they will. Expect the same combinations I posted for the Boston game, they haven't changed since then and I don't know who to move to shake things up without hurting the Devils' effectiveness.) or whether Julien needs to play the fourth line more often.

I won't because A) I would just be repeating cliches and things I've said before and B) my aim is simple and true. Just beat the Rangers. The 18-11-4 Blueshirts are at the top of the Atlantic Division. Now is the time to finally beat them for the first time this season, now is the time for the Devils to stop streaking and play strong, consistent hockey that we all know they can do and do well. Brodeur will be in net for NJ tonight; don't waste another strong effort from him, Devils. Don't pucker against Jaromir Jagr or Brendan Shanahan. Just win, Devils. Just win.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Blog Directory - Blogged