Sunday, June 24, 2007

 

12 Years Ago...

The Devils achieved glory. Yes, 12 years ago to this date, the Devils won their first Stanley Cup in franchise history. It took the New Jersey Devils 13 seasons and 16 post-season wins in 1995 to win the right to Lord Stanley's Cup. The official New Jersey Devils website has a little blurb about the day of Devils history.

I did a little looking into the Devils draft picks. By which I mean I went to Hockey Future's message boards. At the Devils' forums, some people found the following videos on YouTube. I found them as well after running a search on their names. I hope they don't mind me mentioning them here and there's not a lot, but it's better than none.
Well, I did say it wasn't much. I'm a bit surprised there wasn't anything on Vili Sopanen, as he did make Finland's World Junior Championships squad. Well, perhaps I shouldn't be as Sopanen put up no points in the six games he did play.

Again, it's a week before July 1, the day free agency begins. We should see Lou Lamoriello announce a new head coach soon. I would imagine that negotiating with free agents would become difficult if there is no head coach in place.

Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Blog Directory - Blogged