Thursday, January 24, 2008

 

I Won at the NHL Arena

Earlier this week, the NHL Arena Program - a league-wide hockey blog whose content can be described as "beefy" - held their version of Around the Horn via e-mail. It featured Derek of Hitting Back, Doug Stolhand of Puck Podcast, Matt Bodenschatz of Faceoff Factor, and Tony Ferrante of the Conference of the Three Rivers. Also, myself. It was so big, it was broken into two parts: Part 1 and Part 2. I'm amazed that I even won. Regardless, it's a good read to hear plenty of different responses on issues of the NHL.

I'd like to thank Chris for putting it all together and forgiving my tardiness in my responses. I actually enjoyed answering all those questions as it gave me a chance to reflect on what's going on outside of the Devils in the world of the NHL. Granted, I completely punted on the NHL-IIHF transfer agreement question, but I still don't think the NHL's quality will suffer too badly. As evidenced with guys like Evgeni Malkin and Nikolai Zherdev, some players are willing to risk exile from their home nation to play in the NHL. Moreover, the United States are producing more and more players and of all types, as evidenced by their presence in the first round of the last few drafts. Will there be an impact? I'm sure, but I really couldn't tell you how big it would be.

Still, thanks to The NHL Arena Program for making this happen.

Labels: , ,


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home
Blog Directory - Blogged